Author: Jabeen Shamji
We bring you a list of some suggested books that can be referred at any stage of your training. The following list (listed alphabetically) can be used as an introduction to the field of neuropsychological assessment and/or as a shelf reference.
- A Compendium of Neuropsychological Tests: Administration, Norms, and Commentary 3rd Edition by Esther Strauss (Author), Elisabeth M. S. Sherman (Author), Otfried Spreen (Author)
- Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychology 2nd Edition by Todd Feinberg (Author), Martha Farah (Author)
- Clinician’s Guide to Neuropsychological Assessment 2nd Edition by Rodney D. Vanderploeg (Editor)
- Clinical Neuropsychology 5th Edition by Kenneth M. Heilman (Author), Edward Valenstein MD (Author)
- Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment 3rd Edition by Michael W. Parsons (Author)
- Diagnostic Clinical Neuropsychology: 3rd by Erin D. Bigler (Author), Pamelia F. Clement (Author)
- Fractured Minds: A Case-Study Approach to Clinical Neuropsychology 2nd Edition by Jenni Ogden (Author)
- Fundamentals of Human Neuropsychology 8th Edition by Bryan Kolb (Author) and Ian Q. Whishaw (Author)
- INS Dictionary of Neuropsychology and Clinical Neurosciences 2nd Edition by David Loring (Author)
- Neuropsychological Assessment 5th Edition by Muriel Deutsch Lezak (Author), Diane B. Howieson (Author), Erin D. Bigler (Author), Daniel Tranel (Author)
- Neuroanatomy through Clinical Cases 3rd Edition by Hal Blumenfeld (Author)
- Textbook of Clinical Neuropsychology 2nd Edition by Joel E. Morgan (Editor), Joseph H. Ricker (Editor)
- The Little Black Book of Neuropsychology: A Syndrome-Based Approach 2011th Edition by Mike R. Schoenberg (Editor), James G. Scott (Editor)
Selected Books on Cultural Diversity in Neuropsychological Assessments
- Adapting Educational and Psychological Tests for Cross-Cultural Assessment 1st Edition by Ronald K. Hambleton (Editor), Peter F. Merenda (Editor), Charles D. Spielberger (Editor)
- Conducting a Culturally Informed Neuropsychological Evaluation 1st Edition by Daryl Fujii (Author)
- Cultural Diversity in Neuropsychological Assessment: Developing Understanding through Global Case Studies1st Edition by Farzin Irani (Editor) Copyright Year 2022
- Neuropsychology of Asians and Asian-Americans: Practical and Theoretical Considerations (Issues of Diversity in Clinical Neuropsychology) 2014th Edition by J. Mark Davis (Editor), Rik Carl D’Amato (Editor)
- The Neuropsychology of Asian Americans by Daryl E.M. Fujii (Editor)
Here are a few recommendations as you create your bookshelf/resource list
- May individuals acquire books over time. Students can avoid spending money on expensive textbooks by
- Renting them
- Borrowing from friends/peers/mentors/colleagues
- Searching or contacting your school library–many universities have digital library that allow students to download a certain number of pages from books.
- You can reach out to paper authors directly if you need a specific article that you cannot find online. This is a great way to network and convey admiration for their work.
- The newer editions of several books are quite expensive; you can obtain older versions at reasonably affordable rates.